Greatest Hits: Back To The Start review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
Megadeth: Greatest Hits: Back To The Start

Obviously this is a recount of the bands hits and to some people misses (Prince of darkness). A great selection of songs throught the bands musical history (Peace Sells, Symphony of Destruction), another great thing is they kick the album of with Holy Wars... And The Punishment Due which in my and many other peoples opinions is a milestone in megadeths lifespan. A must have for new and just introduced megadeth fans as it's this was one of the biggest influences along with exodus and slayer that turned me onto metal. Also a great part of this is my favorite line up of megadeth is showcased on this album (the rust in piece/countdown to extinction era).

Well basically it's just lyrics from songs off other albums so I guess you would need to see the reviews on the albums that the songs were on but in my opinion each songs lyrics are kick ass and bring their own special trait to the table. Dave has always been a genious at signing skills and this album perfectly demonstrates these talents and finnaly my opinion is megadeth is like a puzzle, daves vocals is a piece, the melodic guitars are another piece, the bass is a piece and the drummer is a piece, all are needed to complete this.

Not much decent bands nowadays don't have best ofs that mainsteamers would know about (not saying that mainstream is better, I'm just saying about metal introductions) but we can still hope people will stumble upon this album. I love the fact that this album features the best songs these guys made but what downs me is songs like 99 ways to die, go to hell, crush em & insomnia (from risk I know but it's friggin catchy) but none the less the great songs were still showcased. And to answer the stolen and lost question well I would probably go buy all megadeths albums if this happened but if money was a bitch I'd go buy it again.

molfe
    I think Reckoning Day and Tornado of Souls should have been in there...and take out Prince of Darkness and She-Wolf its a good song but not for greatest hits..and Prince of Darkness...not that good of a song...my opinion
    Funyun
    Awesome CD Really Good CD to listen to while playing Star Wars Battlefront II, especially on Taintave IV
    ironmaiden1
    this is a great cd for if you just browsing megadeths catalogue and need an introduction. i wish people would stop arguing about megadeth and metallica, they are both great bands and they have different styles
    guitarfreak222
    webbtje wrote: I've actually used some of Megadeth's lyrics in several reports as quotes FANBOY.
    well said
    guitarfreak222
    \m/Torin\m/ wrote: great cd. no bad tunes. a tout le monde is a great song but yeah they own metallica =)
    megadeth don't own metallica boy im a die hard fan 4 both and i think they r both good equaly man