Greatest Hits: Back To The Start review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
Megadeth: Greatest Hits: Back To The Start

Well, the sound of this album is greatm, due to the fact that all of these are their best. Choosing the songs to go on here must have been tought since Megadeth has some really thrashy songs and heavy songs. Megadeth was notible for changing their sound thourout the years so you can hear some of the sound changes while listening to this album. So much emotion, energy, and rage in these songs, great Megadeth album for sure.

The lyrics, as stated ealier, were amazing. Not going to lie but some Megadeth lyrics are bland. Their older material had a better guitar and sound to it then lyrics, their middle aged stuff was specatular, their new stuff has great (more in depth) lyrics, because they are older and with more life expericance, that's the way I see it.

Overall, this album woul dbe one I'd pop in my cars CD Player and jam to while driving to school or work. It's jus (*that*) good. I'd like to share my thoughts about some of the songs too. Holy Wars: Great song! One of Megadeth's finest of songs. Very heavy and rythmic. The verses are full of fast paced guitar and drums, the chorus is an epidemic, and (my favorite part) the bridge, which gives the whole song a new vibe, a darker vibe. The acoustic solo was very theory based and fast. The ending guitar solo as done by Dave Mustaine what brilliant, that really shows that Dave can really bust some lead licks and is not just the typical rythem player and vocalist. Hangar 18: Hangar 18 is (if not exact) to "The Call of Ktulu" by Metallica, allow me to explain the song(s) story (to all who didn't know), Back when Dave Mustine was in Metallica with James, Lars, and Cliff, Dave wrote this song maily by himself called "The Call of Ktulu", and what happened with that was, after they had recorded that trackon the "Ride The Lightning" album, Dave was fired, thus, leaving his song to Metallica, so then Dave wrote another song playing the called "Hangar 18" sounds simialr then changes up later in the song. To all guitar players, you may have noticed that in "Ktulu" the chords were arpeggiated, and "Hangar" was actually played the whole chord. So that's that. Sound wise, I like Ktulu better because it just has a better sound to it. She-Wolf: This song is a very thrashy, stright forward song. It's wrist killer of an intro riff is very well executed by Dave with the gallops and down picking. The chorus riff is very nice and theorized, the solo at the ending is fliud sounding and relatively easy for imtermediate guitar players.

SGofawesome
    Everything about it is good, with the exception that Prince of Darkness needs to be taken out and replaced with Tornado of Souls.