Hidden Treasures review by Megadeth

• Released: Jul 18, 1995
Megadeth: Hidden Treasures

This album is pretty good even though at first I didn't like it. It has a few covers which are No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper), Paranoid (Black Sabbath) and Problems (Sex Pistols). The other songs are Go To Hell, Angry Again, 99 Ways To Die, Breakpoint and Diadems. They are all great songs. The bass to Go To Hell is cool. 99 Ways To Die and Breakpoint are propely the two best songs on the whole album.

My favorite lyrics in this album are in Go To Hell when Dave Mustaine says "No I Lay Me down To Sleep, Blah Blah Blah My Soul To Keep, If I Die Before I Wake, I'll Go to Hell For Heaven Sake." I also like the lyrics to Black Sabbath's Paranoid and Paranoid is also one of my favorite Black sabbath songs. Dave Mustaine is one of the best thrash metal vocalists of all time.

Each song comes from somewhere else which makes this a complication: 01. No More Mr. Nice Guy - comes from the Shocker Soundtrack. 02. Breakpoint - comes from the Super Mario Soundtrack. 03. Go To Hell - comes from Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey Sountrack. 04. Angry Again - comes from the Last Action Hero Soundtrack. 05. 99 Ways To Die - comes from The Beavis And Butthead Expierence. 06. Paranoid - comes from the Nativity In Black Tribute To Black Sabbath. 07. Diadems - comes from Tales From The Crypt Demon Night Soundtrack. 08. Problems - comes from the A Toute Le Monda Promo. The two most impressive songs on the album are 99 Ways To Die and Breakpoint. This is a pretty cool album and I hope other people think that to.

Smithsc
    This has a lot of great songs on it! Why don't you idiots shut up about the Metallica Megadeth argument, commenet about this f*ckin album!
    Shabalaba
    I like Metallica and Megadeth. Its funny cos ive gone from loving one to loving the other. I have just added Youthanasia to my collection and its fabulous, way better than anything Metallica have knocked out. Megadeth seem to have more respect in the Metal community than Metallica for sticking to their roots. Megadeth is exactly the sound ive been searching for and i cant get enough of them!
    SOUTHofHEAVEN89
    boyan89 wrote: their both good okay
    guitarfreak222
    SOUTHofHEAVEN89 wrote: boyan89 wrote: their both good okay MEGADETH is WAY better then metallica, its the truth... i saw a thing on tv and on a guitar world issue that when Dave Mustaine got kicked out of the band and was no longer in Metallica, Metallica took some songs and riffs Dave Mustaine originally worte while he was in the band. The truth hurts, i dont think an hour interview on tv and a 3 page article in a guitar world issue would lie and waiste their time talking about it... Metallica is WEAK... Megadeth OWNS Metallica with out a dought
    they only took SOME of dave's material which is on half of the killem all album and all the rest like master of puppets and ride the lightning got written by metallica. but still MEGADETH better that METALLICA END OF STORY. metalliva got way to shitty after st anger
    not_dead_enough
    AWESOME disc! Every song is fantastic and even though it is a compilation disc, all the songs kinda fit together with a common theme like an album should. PLEASE capitol re-release it! (apparently the Japanese one is still in print, anyone confirm this???)
    delzoppo
    this is a sweet album megadeth is amazing, i love how they make fun of enter sandman and metallica
    Megasmrt
    the bottom line is that metallica is for 12 year old kidz and others who dont know a sh*t about metal... but megadeth are more complexive in any musical sense so it needs some understanding from a listener and thats why they rule!!!!