Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 12, 1985
Megadeth: Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!

The production for this album is a bit weak. But it's the best you can get when the band uses half of it's recording money on drugs. I actually kind of like the production. It gives that feeling of a garage band doing their first recording. This album has a very thrashy sound. It's speedy, it's in-your-face, it's metal.

The lyrics were pretty good. They fit the music as well. It amazed me how Dave Mustaine could sing while playing riffs at the speed at which they were being played. I find it hard to understand him on some songs, especially Last Rites/Loved To Deth. I, personally, like Dave's voice. It's just in-your-face and wakes you up. You can feel his anger, aggression, and energy when he sings. But with Dave's voice, you love it or you hate it. I haven't seen many people in the gray area.

This wasn't Megadeth's best album and it doesn't compare with Peace Sells... But Who's Buying, which was the next album they released. The songs "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good" and "Mechanix" were the ones that stuck out at me most. Killing is my Business is an energetic pumping-like song. Good energy and good playing. Mechanix was fast and filled with energy. I learned the song and tried to sing with it and failed miserably. Dave's singing while playing is great too. Not too hard to understand the lyrics and the music stands out. I would definitely buy this album again if it was stolen. It's a good listen for those times you need to get pumped up.

hippieking24
    when i listened to this album.....it made me kill my dog and rape my 2 cats. just kidding.....i killed them too. hope the mods have a laugh out of that one.
    PinkFloydrulez
    DUDE. It made me do the same thing. Pretty amazing seeing as I have no pets... So I wonder where they came from.. >_>
    HomesliceMan
    I REALLY want this cd, but cant find it anywhere. I hope it is as good as rust in peace.
    Ktulu bassist
    It originally had 8 tracks a cover of "these boots are made for walking was on it" called "These boots" stupid nancyy sinatra had them take it off