Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! review by Megadeth

• Released: Jun 12, 1985
Megadeth: Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!

Well, There is only one thing I have to say about this Record... Pure Thrash Genius! The sound on the album on the 2002 Remaster is Brilliant, Mustaine really took it to the next level, making it sound better Produced than dare I say Youthanasia. But its a whole different story with original. Now Dave getting kicked out of Metallica really led to the Album being what it is now. The songs are faster, heavier and more evil than Metallica had done up to that point. But we arn't here for comparsions.

Well the lyrics are kind of silly, like "Chosen Ones", but when Partnered with the Fantastic Thrash-tacluar music of Dave Mustaine and co. Really makes you forget about the Silliness in the Lyrics. Now the lyrics really suited the Music on this Record, Dave really did his homework during the time of being kicked out of Metallica and Making this record. But Dave's singing skills are fairly average, this being because he never wanted to be the singer, but was forced to due to lack of awesomeness from any local Metal Vocalists. But really once again, Partnered with the music, You don't really Care.

This album doesn't compare to anything, because its in a Leauge of its own. This album contains some truly impressive songs. Last Rites/Loved to Deth (Or Death) really is pure guitar wizardry. Killing is My Business... And Business is Good! is a great song to headbang to, not to mention Chris Poland's Great solo at the End. Rattlehead is Thrash at its utmost very best. The rest of the Album is just Brilliant. What I love about this Album is that it never gets old, you can listen to it time and time again. And aside from the Average production and silly lyrics there is nothing to hate about this album. I this album were stolen, I'd find the bugger who nicked the thing and tear out his f--king spine. Then I'd go buy a New one.

FearOfTheDuck
    I have the original on viynl and the new remastered CD whoch is a lot better! Awesome album