Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 19, 1986
Megadeth: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

This was the second studio album that Megadeth had released. This album was produced in the year of 1986. This has to be one of the greatest albums Megadeth has ever released and one of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time. Here is the songs and a comment about each of the songs.

01. Wake Up Dead - this is proepely one of least favorite songs on the album even though it is one of there greatest hits. Although I like this song very much, the riffs for guitar and bass are good. This would be a great song for somebody to learn and it also has a cool video.
02. The Conjuring - this song has great guitar riffs as well as bass riffs. The song starts a bit slow but then it keeps geting heavier and more agressive if that would be the right term to us. Also has great solos.
03. Peace Sells - this song has one of the coolest bass introductions ever. This song is a bit slow at the verses but it has excellent solos and it gets even better around 2:05. There is a cool part in the video when a headbanger person is watching TV and his father comes in and says "What is this garbage your watching? I want to watch the news!" and the Headbanger person says "This is the news!" That part is also quoted in the PSBWB remixed and remastered version booklet.
04. Devil's Island - the introduction is a bit repeatative but it's still good. My favorite riff is the verse riff. The solo is also good.
05. Good Mourning/Black Friday - this is my favorite song on the album. The song starts off acoustic but it has electric guitar playing like mini solos and after awhile it all goes electric and then the song gets heavier and faster. I like the lyrics as well.
06. Bad Omen - this song has an evil like introduction. Also another great song for somebody who plays bass to learn and if you like learning solos you will especially like the solos in this song.
07. I Ain't Supersticious - this isn't a song Dave Mustaine or any other band members had written. Basically it's a cover. This song isn't really the best but some people might like it.
08. My Last Words - this is propely the most underated song on this album. I don't see why though it's a great song. Has a cool introduction, great bass riffs and great solos. This is another song I like a lot on this album.

If you have the remixed and remasterd version of this album then you got a special remixed version of the songs Wake Up Dead, The Conjuring, Peace Sells and Good Mourning/Black Friday but they don't really sound that different.

The lyrics for this album is like any of the first three Megadeth albums. the lyrics for Good Mourning/Black Friday is good because it's about a guy who turns into a homocide and he kills people with a butcher knife. Bad Omen has something to do with satanic rituals or suomething like that. Dave Mustaine is an okay vocalist in this album but his vocals gets better as the time goes on.

I think that if Metallica did not release Master Of Puppets which was also released that same year, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying would be more well known although it is a well liked album by all Megadeth fans. Like the first album this album also has a picture of the mascot Vic. I think Vic is a cool mascot. This album and Rust In Peace is the two Megadeth albums I take care of the most. If somebody stole this album I would hunt them down and grab them by there little throats and rip them limb from limb cause I'm like the only person in my grade who has this album and it's also one of the greatest albums I got.

bassplayer496
    I still think Metallica's better. Megadeth's my second or third favorite thrash band. Metallica's first, then second would be either megadeth or pantera. Pantera's not as consistent as megadeth though. ~Love, Dallas~