Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 19, 1986
Megadeth: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

This album came out in 1986, the year metal became huge all around the world. This established Megadeth along with Metallica adn Slayer as the leading forces in the underground and more specifically thrash metal genre. The songs feature not only some catchiest, muscular, thrashy style riffs but also throws in some mid tempo riffs and even some clean stuff. Also, we can't forget the guitar soloes. Dave may not be the most melodic lead guitarist but the man can rip it up and they well with the songs. Although the guitar may be the focale point of the album, along with most of Megdeth's work, the bass it's time to shine every now and then, showcasing some high speed catchy-as-hell bass lines. Also, who could forget the into to "Peace Sells". The drums aren't anything special but they do their job and moulds a strong rythm section with the bass.

Honestly, I never liked Dave Mustaines lyrics and always found them kinda of laughable. This album isn't too bad as far as lame lyrics. "Peace Sells" and "My Last Words" have pretty damn good lyrics but other songs like "Wake Up Dead" just kill me. Now, the vocals. Saying Dave Mustaine's vocals are weird as f--k is not an understatement. Although he may sound odd it's part of what makes Megadeth distinct from other metal acts. Lots of people find Dave's vocals annoying but I've gotten use to them and think they fit the music fine.

This is the second Megadeth album I've heard, the first being Countdown To Extinction. I have to say I prefer this much better. The high-tempo, catchy guitar riffs are the best part of this album, closely followed by Dave Mustaine's unique vocals delivery. The best songs off the album have to be "Peace Sells" with it's amazingly catchy ending riff, and "My Last Words" because it end the album off perfect along with great riffs and awesome lyrics. The only thing I dislike is "Wake Up Dead". The itself isn't too bad, but it seemed like a weak way to start off such a great album. I think this is pretty good album to get started on Megadeth, espicially because of the title track. This is a must need for any thrash metal collector.

Metal_Militia2
    Just bought this album, it aint bad but How can you say these guys are better than Metallica?????
    80smetalpro0987
    megadeth kils metallica metallica sucks so much the only good abulms by metallica are kill em all and ride the lightning