Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 19, 1986
Megadeth: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

Peace Sells... But Who's Buying is freakin' amazing. It has got to be one of the best albums ever. Dave's voice is perfect, the guitars sound great, and so does the bass and drums. This to me is the best Thrash metal album ever. I can listen to it start to finish without skipping a track or getting bored of it. It has some of my personal favourite tracks like Wake Up Dead, Devil's Island and the Willie Dixon cover: I Ain't Superstitious. 01.Wake Up Dead: this is the perfect introduction to an album. It kicks off with a sick bass line and gets right to the lyrics. The thing I like most about this song is the many guitar solo's and its great intrumentation and song structure in general. This is a great tune to play on guitar. 02.Conjuring: a great intro to a great track on the album. It sends chills down my spine just listening to it. The lyrics work really great with the music. 03.Peace Sells: Ahh..One of the greatest Megadeth songs of all time. It has this great meaning behind it and the bassline the Ellefson does at the begining is killer. If anybodies seen the video it makes it that much better. 04.Devil's Island: it's a shame they don't play this song ebing its on of my personal fave's. The tapping like at the begining of the song is awesome and the speed of the guitars and lyrics during the verse's just make it that much better. Easily a Megadeth classic. 05.Good Mourning/Black Friday: it has a great guitar intro that kind of reminds me of walking down the street on a rainy day. It's very soothing. Then it gets nice and heavy as the song progresses. Kudo's to Dave and Chris for their guitar parts. 06.Bad Omen: this is a great song that everyone should listen to. Nice guitar about 3 minutes in. 07.I Ain't Supersticious: well this is a cover song and i've never actually heard the original so i can't really compare but i personally really like it. 08.My Last Words: cool begining, gives a nice effect to the song. All in all its a great tune and a great closing track.

Everybody always shits all over dave because of his voice. I personally love his voice and prefer it over Hetfield's and Araya's. He has range and can change his voice which is what I think the music better. Dave has always been an amazing lyricist and in my opinion, kicks everbody elses ass at writing. The lyrics fit directly with the music and never seem out of place once on this record. The lyrics tend to deal with the devil, politics and well Wake Up Dead is about Dave cheating on his girlfriend.

This in my opinion, is the best Megadeth record ever. A lot of people tend to lean towards Rust In Peace but I like this one better with Rust In Peace in a close 2nd. Their is nothing at all that I can say is wrong with this album, because I love everything about it. I think that every individual song on this album stands out so I can't pick just one or two songs. I would litterally punch somebody in the face if they ever stole my PS... BWB? cd.

guitarfreak222
    BlisteringDDj wrote: BBoyBlaZe wrote: you guys wanna hear some thrash?...TESTAMENT.. Sure, Testament is awesome but this has nothing to do with this..
    LOL random.... yeah i think testament is the greatest thrash metal band to be put on this earth... but metallica and megadeth both kick ass! THRASH FOREVER!!!!!
    soapalot
    JamesxHetfield wrote: I'm sick of all of you dumbass' that come here and go Metallica>Megadeth. Honestly no one gives a ****. Metallica ****ing suck and Megadeth are so much superior in every way. Every Megadeth album is better then Metallica's albums. Somebody should be slapped when they come on a MEGADETH review and post something bad about them. If You want to do that then go a damn METALLICA review and do it.
    Come on man, you can't just trash someone's one-eyed opinion then write your own one-eyed opinion. You're no less of a dumbass than the ones who write Metallica>Megadeth. This is my second favourite Megadeth album after Rust In Peace. Good Mourning/Black Friday just slays everything in it's path.