Risk review by Megadeth

• Released: Aug 31, 1999
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Megadeth: Risk

The sound quality is probably the best of all the Megadeth albums. Unfortuately, the songs don't match the great sound. The music style used in this album is probably the worst of all time - whoever thought of this should be hung: dance music featuring metal. Is this the same band who produced thrash classics 'Rust In Peace' and 'Countdown to Extinction'? Well, probably not, coz 'Deth's 'Hammett' Marty Friedman isn't present on this album. Oh well. Sound is great though!

The lyrics are either great or absolutely disasterous. Great: Father Time, I'm running late. I'm winding down, I'm growing tired. Seconds drift into the night. The clock ticks till my time expires. That excerpt is from the only classic song on this album - Time: The Beginning. Disasterous: Here we go, crush em! Crush Em is one of the worst songs I've ever heard and the lyrics are awful. However, the song is remixed into a metal song on the greatest hits and is wonderful?! How did they manage that?! Coz they're Megadeth, that's why.

Overall, this is the worst Megadeth album ever. It has its standout moments (Insomnia & Time), and it has some dreadfully embarrassing moments (Prince of Darkness & Breadline). If you're new to Megadeth - avoid this! It'll only put you off an amazing band. Get Rust In Peace instead. If it were stolen I would buy it again to complete the collection, then again, who is going to steal this!