Rust in Peace review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 21, 1990
Megadeth: Rust in Peace

This is the epitome of Megadeth! This has got to be their hardest album to date! An intetresting story about how Dave got the name for the album is as follows. He had just got done sky diving and he speeding on his way home (kinda hard not to considering that he had just had a huge adrenaline rush) and he stopped at a light and saw a bumper sticker that said "May all your warheads rust in peace." That's where he came up with the title. They've had a lengthy career and have put out some good albums, but this is their best.

The lyrics on this one are unusual for speed metal. Dave's voice is great for teh lyrical content and fits well with the music. Songs like "Five Magics" deal with wizardry and magic whereas "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" deals with the comic book character "the punisher." I enjoy the lyrics quite well on this album.

This has got to be Megadeth's best album! The solo's that Dave and Marty play are insane. The solo at the end of Holy Wars is one of Dave's best solo to date! On songs like "Hangar 18" Dave and Marty have a guitar "battle" with eachother where they trade back and forth solo's like it's child's play. I just love the raw, edgy, in your face sound that megadeth produces and I can't get enough of it! Also, if you buy the remastered version, you are in for a very special treat! Previously un-released demos and songs with chris poland doing some solo's in place of marty! If it were lost, I'd buy it again and if it were stolen, I would find the person who took it I would personally make sure that they had to stay in a hospital because they are in "critical condition."