Rust in Peace review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 21, 1990
Megadeth: Rust in Peace

Whether you're dropping the needle on a record, pressing play on a Cassette, Sliding in a Compact Disc or putting in your headphones on a device, you know from the first riff of this album, that its gonna be a Metal Masterpiece. This was the first Megadeth album I ever bought (I originally had the compilation Back to the Start, that was given to me by a friend), and from the moment I heard it I knew this band was gonna change my life. This was the first MD album with the Mustaine/Ellefson/Friedman/Menza line-up and there is a reason that was the longest lasting line-up, these four demi-gods created something that will never be forgotten.

The Lyrics on "RIP" go from everything to War and Conflicts, to The Punisher, Alien Captives, Magicians, Ghosts and Nuclear Holocaust. Mustaine's lyrics always impress. His lyrics actually have meaning and in a way warnings when you look at "Dawn Patrol" and "Rust In Peace". Now you can say what you will about Dave's vocal ability, I have always enjoyed his style, the signature snarls and his ability to go from a deep sinister voice to a high melodic voice has impressed me.

"Rust In Peace" is the definitive Megadeth album and definitely one, if not the greatest Thrash album ever. The songs that impress me the most: - "Holy Wars": As I said before, one of the greatest riffs ever devised. - "Five Magics": Progressive Thrash, From the thunderous intro, into the Bass groove leading into Mustaine's guitar part is gold. - "Tornado Of Souls": This song is fast, its heavy and has one of the greatest solos ever, thank you Marty Friedman. - "Rust In Peace... Polaris": The Drums say it all, and the Chorus is very catchy. I honestly Love everything about this album, the only album that comes close is "Peace Sells". I would buy this album again and again. This is definitely in my top albums ever. And its a lot better than any crap that Metallica put out.

flickermf
    Such an amazing album 10/10. This is my favourite album ever made because of its speed and aggression
    jimbob32292
    Sanitarium91 wrote: I have this album, well i downloaded it some time last year, you know just to hear why people like Megadeth so much. I've gotta say, it didnt really send the chills down my spine, but it was allright i guess, even though didnt really care for the lyrics, so then I decided to try what the very new Megadeth sounds like. So i tried the System has Failed, and it was a lot worse. After a while I noticed that Rust In Peace was so many peoples favourite, so I decided not to try anymore. I'm not saying that i dont like Megadeth at all, i just prefer some Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets or Justice.
    God does this not show retardation is still alive and well? Come on those albums are complete shit compared to any Megadeth. The best Metallica album technically is And Justice for all but yet you fail to mention it.... This album shows you can be technical and thrash at the same time... Seriously Kurt uses pents... Friedman exotic... not even close.
    swave75
    I would tell anyone who wanted to get into Megadeth they should buy this or Countdown to Extinction.
    HabsFan4916
    Anyone else while listening to this record stop and realize... how does one make such perfect music like this?
    MaggaraMarine
    I have listened to two Megadeth albums (this and Peace Sells) and I have to say this album is much better. I just get bored with Peace Sells. I only enjoyed one song on Peace Sells and it was the title track which is an awesome song. But I think Rust In Peace works as an album really well. And please Megadeth vs Metallica arguers, stop it! Both bands are good. I prefer Metallica. And who cares about how technical music they play? Neither Megadeth nor Metallica is technical compared to bands like Dream Theater. And some AJFA stuff is pretty technical. It might not be as fast as some Megadeth riffs but who cares. Playing fast riffs isn't that hard and I'm sure Metallica guys could play these songs as well. I mean, if a regular Youtube noob can play the songs on this album, why couldn't Metallica play them if they wanted to? They have much more experience and really are much better musicians as people realize. People usually think that the bands can't play any more technical stuff than their most technical song which isn't true. You need to be able to play it perfectly live in front of 10000+ people.