So Far, So Good... So What! review by Megadeth

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
Megadeth: So Far, So Good... So What!

Ahh the great Dave Mustaine, after kicking out Chris Poland, he recruited Jeff Young to record this classic underrated album. So the music changed quite abit, but not to much. While Dave was the street smart guy, Jeff was a more upperclass rich kid. You can tell Mustaine was really angry when this was recorded. Probably at Chris and Gars. If you want raw, in your face, pissed of thrash metal, go get this.

Lyrics are ok, Mustaine has done better, but there still pretty good. You can tell he got personal on the lyrics here, maybe cus of all the turmoil he was going through.

Although Megadeth would release better albums than this, you can't overestimate its power, the music is great, impressive riffs and leads. The mood is just raw anger. All the songs are great, except for maybe, the cover "Anarchy In The UK" and "502." Other then that the album is decent. Only buy this if you've been a Megadeth for awhile, if you're new to them start of with something else. You probably won't like all this rawness.

Eric 666
    The solo for In My Darkest Hour is one of the most excellent solo's i've ever heard, both Dave's and Jeff's
    .:Darkness:.
    I just read the bit at the top and what a load of rubbish!
    The album wants to sound threatening but mostly comes off as forced and somewhat juvenile.
    Come on thats just utter bullcrap.
    Blood Hawk
    This album is so underrated I love the opening riffs to "Set The World Afire"
    bassplayer496
    It's great, except the anarchy in the u.k covers just painful and embarrasing. He doesn't even get the words right. ~Love, Dallas~
    renegadepancake
    Anarchy in the UK isn't a bad song. Now, 502... THAT'S a terrible song. And Liar doesn't do much for me either. Other than that, though, this album's pretty good. Although I can't tell which solos are Jeff's and which are Dave's.
    .:Darkness:.
    This album has one of my favorite megadeth songs on it; Mary Jane. Its just brilliant and does it for me.