That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires [DVD] review by Megadeth

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Megadeth: That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires [DVD]

The sound on this was excellent. You may notice that Dave has kind of lost his voice on some of the songs like Tornado of Souls but on every other song he does an excellent job. This guy is still a beast at the guitar and hits every note with percession even after 3 years of almost no play. After all, this was one of Megadeths first shows in almost 3 years after Dave Mustaine was diagnosed with some disorder in his hand that enabled him to him curl his fingers around his guitar. But he's back with a new line up which includes the awesome Glen Drover who also does a great job at every song (especially Return to Hangar). His brother Shawn is a pretty good drummer, has a little trouble with his feet but that's it. Megadeth is my favorite band and this is a DVD you don't want to miss out on if your a mega fan like me.

Content — 9
This DVD is a normal concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina with the following songs: 01. Blackmail The Universe 02. Set The World Afire 03. Wake Up Dead 04. In My Darkest Hour 05. She Wolf 06. Reckoning Day 07. A Tout Le Monde 08. Hangar 18/Return To Hangar 09. I'll Be There 10. Tornado Of Souls 11. Trust 12. Something That I'm Not 13. Kick The Chair 14. Coming Home 15. Symphony Of Destruction 16. Peace Sells 17. Holy Wars There is an alternate version of SOD but I haven't watched it yet.

Production Quality — 8
Great sound quality and great camera men. Thank you for not turning away while their doing their solos! I hate it when other camera people do that. Filmed well with great lights and sounds and nice camera shaking on Wake Up Dead! I wish they would show more bass playing but that's just me liking the bass.

So good can't believe it. Great DVD! The most impressive thing about this DVD is that Dave can still kick out some awesome action and deliver a great show after all these years. Love everything you could possibly say about it except Tornado of Souls. And yes I would buy it if it was stolen. What are you talking about?

HawkaLuigi
    Schnitzel_Man wrote: Mustaine's voice isn't very good at all.
    Agreed. But the music makes up for it. Checked.
    Flummery
    I'll admit, I'm a HUGE Megadeth fan. Mustaine doesn't have the best voice in the world, but it suits the gruffness of the music. In my opinion he is also one of the greatest lyricists in the metal genre.