That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires [DVD] review by Megadeth

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 7
Megadeth: That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires [DVD]

First, let me open up saying that I am a long time Megadeth fan (ever since I was 6), and I have always dreamed of seeing them live, and actually went to see them in this concert. I bought the DVD when it came out and was surprised about how much I missed. The drummers beat, the Bassists huge hands, Mustaine's spitting (haha), and the Lead Guitarists priceless face that happens about everytime they show him. The sound of the concert is incredible, Mustaine leads on with a steady chugging and a thick bass groove follows. Then those enormous drums. And finally the lead guitarist rips it out (almost sloppily at first). I only had one beef with their sound, Dave sounds somewhat more snarly and mean on album, and their performance of "Peace Sells" cut out my favorite part (If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line! The guitarists don't improvise much, but the bassist has went completely crazy with innovations.

Content — 8
The DVD contains the following setlist. 01.An introduction. 02.Blackmail the Universe 03.Set the World Afire 04.Wake up Dead 05.In My Darkest Hour 06.She Wolf (I don't care for that song, as it seems Mygonistic) 07.Reckoning Day (Not very memorable song for me, they could easily switch this one with Good Mourning/Black Friday- Or did Mustaine say that he would not play that song?) 08.A Tout Le Mode (One of my favorite ballads of all time) 09.Hangar 18 and Return to Hangar (Awesome songs by themselves and with the really cool transition they did) 10.I'll Be There (An average song, a little bit to corny for my tastes, replace it with Rattlehead and I will be a happy man) 11.Tornado of Souls (Easily one of Megadeth's best songs) 12.Trust (Amazing Song, chorus is very catchy) 13.Something That I'm Not (Very good song, and really fun to play on Bass) 14.Kick The Chair (Need I say more?) 15.Coming Home (Amazing Pronunciation of the Spanish language, rumour has it that he had a coach train him to learn the lines to that song) 16.Symphony of Destruction (Their first hit, the crowd went insane when this played) 17.Peace Sells (Amazing song, but could have been played better live, Mustaine's voice kind of grated on my nerves in this one. 18.Holy Wars (A true Megadeth Classic) The DVD has one Special Feature, but it is not much. They performance of Symphony of Destruction using different video. The setlist does not differ much from any other Megadeth DVD.

Production Quality — 7
The production of the DVD is outstanding, from close-ups to audience shots, not a single person is left behind. As for technology, I couldn't really detect any tricks (although, that would have been nice). If production quality includes the amazing little cutscenes of Mustaine & Co. playing their songs acoustically in a park nearby the place they were staying, then yes this deserves a medal.

I currently have a countless amount of Live DVD's in my "roster" and my favorites include, Fancy - Les Claypool, If All Goes Wrong - Smashing Pumpkins, and this. Megadeth put on a great show that night, but not their greatest. I still await the day that (hopefully) Marty Friedman will join back with this spectacular metal group. I have to say one thing... What is with the Audience in the front row?!?!? They look posessed! If I lost this record, I would definitely re-purchase it, along with the Warchest!

DiabolusnMusica
    postmortem2006 wrote: No offence to the person who wrote it, but the latest review is terrible.
    yeah, is beyond terrible. if u gonna do a review u gotta put ur personal tastes aside