The System Has Failed review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Megadeth: The System Has Failed

Megadeth's back in the business! I really, really was afraid that this album would turn out to be full s--t, because the lineup is not very good, and the after hearing "Risk", (and hating it), and not beign very impressed by "The World Needs A Hero", and MetallicA's St. Anger beign such a failure, I really could'nt wait for a masterpiece. But I was wrong! This album kicks ass! I've been listening it for a couple of months now (I Had it on my computer months before it was released) and I really like it. Megadeth has returned more to the earlier days, And I could compare this album to "Rust In Peace", since this one is much more of the original Trash Metal that made Megadeth so great.

I haven't really been noticing the lyrics too much, but on the other hand I haven't noticed anything disturbing in them either. Dave Mustaine sings as decently Not-too-good-but-not-terrible-either as allways.

The fact is that this album is the best Megadeth album in a long time, and I like it! From the first song, "Blackmail The Universe" to the Closer, "My Kingdom Come", it feels like a fine kick to the face! I'm listening to the album right at the moment, and it makes me feel goooood. The best songs of the album are the fast and furious "Blackmail The Universe", the ultra-trash-metal song "Kick The Chair", the song with the intro "The Scorpion", the short interlude "I Know Jack" and the following song "Back In The Day" and the best song off the whole album, the epic, kicking, smashing "Of Mice And Men". I Don't Like the single song, "Die Dead Enough" I just don't like it too much. I Love the Trashiness and "Let's get back to the time when Megadeth Kicked ass" - mood that it lets out, And I Only hate the lineup. If the album Got stolen, I'd buy a new one, like every single album in my collection. Overall: the best trash album in a long time! Rock on!