The System Has Failed review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Megadeth: The System Has Failed

When I first heard the cd I hated it. But then I listened to it a few more times and it tends ta grow on ya. I'm liking more n more if it. Mustaine's always had a distinct style when it came to writing songs and it's somethin I've never totaly been able to put my finger on what makes it destinct, but without a doubt, its there [Not to mention the ear bleedin solos] and although theres a lot of ups and a lot of downs on this cd, The System Has Failed is no exception. in short, if you haven't heard it yet, get out there and buy it.

I love the fact its going back to a political "The Government Sucks" kinda veiw like with blackmail the universe and kick the chair which are both f--kin awesome songs. It's realy got a variety of meanings and tones through out the cd with both the lyrics and the playing. And as for mustaines singing, hell, coolest f--kin vox on the planet and he still kicks ass on this cd. And it's perfect for the music he writes.

Now if you wanna compaire it to past megadeth cds, I think it's their best since Hidden Treasures and Youthanasia. Forgot if Hidden Treasures was made around that time. Screw it, you know what I mean. My personal favorite albums have been their earlier s--t. Nothin from any band past er present can touch "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good" and when you compaire those two their ain't much of o contest. But if you hate Risk, then good news comrad, cuase it blows it outa the f--king water! Best song is Blackmail The Universe. And although I don't love every song on there, even if I hate it for the most part, it'll have at least one cool part in it I like to listen to. If it were lost, I'd buy it again, and if it were stolen, I'd punch the bastard in the face!