The System Has Failed review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Megadeth: The System Has Failed

This is Megadeth's newest album besides Back To the Start. This album has Chris Poland in it which is one great thing. The riffs to this album are like the first few Megadeth albums. The songs have great solos and great sound. Each of the songs are good and here's the list. 01. Blackmail The Universe - this I think is suppose to be the original name for the album but I'm not sure if thats true or not. It starts off with jets crashing into each other and then a news reporter comes on. The song isn't one bit repeatative and it's pretty fast 10/10. 02. Die Dead Enough - this song at first reminded me of Hanagr 18 a little but now it doesn't. The song is a bit slower but still great 10/10. 03. Kick The Chair - this is propely one of the best songs on this album. It has great riffs and great solos 10/10. 04. The Scorpion - this song isn'y realy the best. It has a few good riffs but the ending is kinda weird 8/10. 05. Tears In A Vial - this song is a bit slower but then it gets a little heavier at the end 9/10. 06. I Know Jack - this is only 38 seconds long 6/10. 07. Back In The Day - this song you can relate to Dave Mustaine's life back when he got kicked out of Metallica 10/10. 08. Something That I'm Not - I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure that this song is aimed at Metallica or either James Hetfield or Lars Ulrich which makes the song even better. The reason why I think this because he says "To sell out your friends and stab them in the back" and "You never made metal buddy, metal made you" 10/10. 09. Truth Be Told - this song has a slow verse but then gets real heavy and great. The solo is good to 10/10. 10. Of Mice And Men - the chorus for this song is good and so are the other riffs and the solo 9/10. 11. Shadow Of Deth - this is one of my favorite songs on the album. It has great riffs and a cool solo part after the singing is done 10/10. 12. My Kingdom - this song connects up with Shadow Of Deth. the intro reminds me of one of the riffs in Seek And Destroy 9/10. Each song except for I Know Jack got great ratings. Mustaine and Poland or in fact any guitarist who was ever in Megadeth was great.

The lyrics are great. The song with the best lyrics is Something That I'm Not. The lyrics fit the music well and Dave Mustaine is a great vocalist especially in this album.

This was the first Megadeth album I have ever bought and it won't be the last one I'm ever gonna buy seeing now I have five other albums. The most impressive songs on the album are Blackmail The Universe, Kick The Chair, Something That I'm Not and Shadow Of Deth. I don't hate anything about this album. This has to be one of the best metal releases of 2004.