The System Has Failed review by Megadeth

• Released: Sep 14, 2004
Megadeth: The System Has Failed

I've been a fan of Megadeth for years, but I always put them 2nd to Metallica 'cause I grew up with Metallica. I heard St. Anger and wasn't too impressed with it. When I heard The System Has Failed and heard the opening with the report and the riff, I was astonished. It was unbeliveable. The whole album was a fresh of breath air to the metal community thats been faltering these past few years. Every song on there was unique, yet badass as well. This album has all the ingredients from Killing to Countdown, with speed thrash riffs, with just heavy chugging melody. Dave Mustaine to me is the godfather of metal music.

Dave strikes out with his lyrics and writes about what he writes best, corruption, politics, capitalism. Also with songs like Back in The Day, Something That I'm Not, and Of Mice Of Men, he reflects on old school metal, and his relationship with Metallica, and his coming forth with Megadeth. Not one song on this album has lyrics that dont fit, everything is just plain perfect. Yeah, truth be told, Dave's not the greatest singer in the world, but hes a helluva lot better than almost every metal singer out there nowadays (you can actually understand what hes saying without having to look into the booklet) and he's the only one who can sing out there and be real catchy.

This is by far the best Megadeth album out there. It's basically a reflection on his music career for the past 20 years. It's got the speed of RIP and SFSGSW, the heaviness of CTE and PSBWB, and the meldoy of all of em. The greatest song on here to me hands down is Kick The Chair. Fast speed riffs, great lyrics, outstanding solos, such a headbangin song, Blackmail the Universe is 2nd in command on that one, especially Daves 1st Solo on there when he taps, sure brilliance. This puts Megadeth as my #1 band, they are the best.

omerta89
    In my opinion one of there best. I rank it up there with C.D.T.E . Very good guitar work.
    pm607
    did anyone else notice that The^Unforgiven kept saying trash rather than thrash? how dare you call it trashiness... you eejit
    Triviumfan54
    metallica are more popular, but megadeth are far more technical. Still, there both awesome!!
    bassplayer496
    Metallica is better than Megadeth if you ask me. Not trying to get in a fight, I just think they're better. And not because they're more popular. ~Love, Dallas~