The World Needs A Hero review by Megadeth

• Released: May 15, 2001
Megadeth: The World Needs A Hero

I was skeptical when my friend told me to get this album and now I'm very glad I got it! Megadeth still had that thrash sound that they've always had. These guys are on of the few metal bands that still play and standard tuning and don't feel the need to tune down(Youthanasia is an exception I guess).

Even though Dave Mustaine is older, he can still sing. The lyrics are still that of good ol' Megadeth! The title track, among others, is very heavily political in it's lyrics. It just proves that Megadeth still have their raw edge when it comes to politics. The lyrics fit smoothly with the music and it all flows together nicely.

While this album obviously has nothing on Rust In Peace, it still stands up to being one of the better Megadeth albums out there. "A Dread in the Fugitive Mind", "Return to Hangar", and "1000 Times Goodbye" are just a few of the noteworthy tracks that kick ass! Al Pitreli and Dave Mustaine play some kick ass solo's on this album. "Return to Hangar" still has that same "Hangar 18" feel to it with Pitreli and Mustaine switching back and forth on solo's. There is one track on this album that I never saw coming. Megadeth made a f--king ballad called "Promises". It was wierd. I never expected Megadeth to have a ballad (In My Darkest Hour does not count). If this album were lost or stolen, I would defenitley go but it again. I can't really think of anything about this album that I hate because I love this album.

genresrforposer
    KIMB has bands like anthrax commenting between each track and redone artwork, it was definitelt remastered.
    Shreddin 4 Life
    yeah, it was remastered, but it's only available in the US & apparently not in mass production like all the other albums seem to be... I unfortunately have to order cuz I don't live in the US...