The World Needs a Hero review by Megadeth

• Released: May 15, 2001
Megadeth: The World Needs a Hero

This one of the best produced albums to be put out by Megadeth. I love the sound of the guitars on this one! This Megadeth's first record after their 1999 debatable output "Risk". It's indeed more heavy sounding than a lot of their 90's stuff. It does have some more commercial and radio friendly sounding songs on it. Think of "Moto Psycho" and "1000 Times Goodbye".

The lyrics are in some points very sharp and even funny and some of em are little bit weaker.

Overall, this album doesn't really compare to their other records. It is stronger than risk and I prefer it over the system has failed. I do think "TSHF" is a better record but I love the sound of this record. I love the title track and promises. I hate losing my senses and I worship disconnect. I think this is a pretty decent record. But the other review gave it a score that way to high.

HeavyMetalSonic
    This one has a cool songs, but in the end, it's a failed attempt at returning to the roots. I give it 3/5. The title track is probably one of the worst songs Dave has ever written. And Moto Psycho.
    guitarist41
    Shreddin 4 Life wrote: yeah, it was remastered, but it's only available in the US & apparently not in mass production like all the other albums seem to be... I unfortunately have to order cuz I don't live in the US...
    KIMB? I've seen that in stores here in Scotland.
    MegadethFan18
    guitarist41 wrote: KIMB? I've seen that in stores here in Scotland.
    Likewise, I bought my copy in HMV and it wasn't the remaster. I've never seen TWNAH anywhere, I bought my copy used from Amazon or Play.