United Abominations review by Megadeth

• Released: May 15, 2007
Megadeth: United Abominations

I had high expectations of the new Megadeth album before listening to it. I had seen the Drover brothers in action and had expected something amazing with the combination of them and Dave Mustaine. They certainly deliver a pure masterpiece with the release of their new album United Abominations. The album opens up with acoustic guitars like a classic metal album then brings in the heavy riffs of classic Megadeth. Throughout the album back to back solos by Drover and Mustaine make for a great listen.

The lyrics, suggested by the title, obviously deal with the government and the faults of the United Nations. With lyrics like "Poverty in their kitchens, Held hostage by oil-for-food," and "How can there be any logic in biological war?", Megadeth shows that they are well aware of worldly affairs. Dave Mustaine has the unique voice that is an important part of Megadeth. His vocal style gives Megadeth their distinct angry and agressive sound.

This album reminds me of Youthanasia era Megadeth, especially with the redone version of A Tout Le Monde. My favorite songs on the album are Sleepwalker, United Abominations, Gears of War, Play For Blood, Burnt Ice, and You're Dead. I actually like all of the songs. This album is far better than thier last few releases up to Youthanasia. If this album were stolen, I would find who stole it, rip his balls off and make him buy me a new copy.