United Abominations review by Megadeth

• Released: May 15, 2007
Megadeth: United Abominations

Let me tell you now, this album is one of the best sounding Megadeth albums. Great quality. I love the crisp sounds produced by Shawn Drover on drums. For finger picking, the bass is quite audible, and the guitars are not to loud or thin, they are just right. This is a true Megadeth record; it has an edgy and aggressive sound to it. It is great to hear Megadeth's sound back to form.

Three words describe these lyrics: aggressive, apocalyptic, and political. True to the style of Dave Mustaine! The lyrics from "Blessed are the Dead" are great. Same with "Burnt Ice," a song about crystal meth abusers. Some lyrics are funny, such as "Amerikastan."Although Dave is not the best vocalist, his vocals on this record are some of his best. The music and lyrics comply completely.

This album is beautiful, much better than "metal" albums released today. I'm sure that this will become a instant classic. The only thing about the album is that the rhythms are pretty funky, which means that the songs might not seem appealing at first. This is the only reason I rate this part nine. After two or three listens, you will be hit with the awesomeness that is Megadeth's latest, and of their greatest, release, United Abominations.

confinedforever
    AHHH THIS ALBUM IS FANTASTIC listen to it all and my favorite song has to be never walk alone, i tabbed it too go take a look! =]