Youthanasia review by Megadeth

• Released: Oct 24, 1994
Megadeth: Youthanasia

Well I'll start with the guitar sound that Megadeth use for this album. It has 2 sides: heavy soul-rattling guitar and soft clean guitar. If you mix these two sounds in a song you can get an excellent piece of music, and of course the drums and bass add the great effect for the song. Youthanasia starts off with a dark, heavy song called 'Reckoning Day' listening to this makes you want to headbang until you die but Youthanasia also has a few songs that make you say 'woah that's sweet' like 'Addicted to Chaos' and 'A Tout Le Monde'. There are a few double kicks in the drumming and some awesome guitar solos. I really like this album because every song on it is great and I could put it on repeat forever!

I have to say Dave Mustaine has a talent for writing lyrics. I love the first line of 'Elysian Fields' where he says "Uneasy Feeling, Burning out my eyes". Writing 'A Tout Le Monde' made Mustaine a God and it's even better when he sings it. Dave Mustaines Angel voice will make you see God and his Devil voice will Rattle your Goddamn soul. Mustaine has a great singing skill.

'Youthanasia' is one of the best Megadeth albums and one of the best albums ever. You can name a few better albums like 'Led Zeppelin IV' and 'Rust In Peace' but 'Youthanasia' has it's place. The most impressive songs have to be 'A Tout Le Monde', 'Elysian Fields, 'Reckoning Day' and 'Blood Of Heroes. I personally love the cover for this album. The old lady hanging babies on a line by their feet. I also love the cute picture of Dave Mustaine by himself and The greatest part of it is 'A Tout Le Monde'. That song is so great it can even make me cry. I have nothing I personally hate about 'Youthanasia' but the song 'Youthanasia' is not as good as you'd expect the album title song to be because most Megadeth album-titled songs are awesome but I give 'Youthanasia' its credit. If my 'Youthanasia' CD was lost or stolen I would definately buy it again because every song on it is good and it's precious to me!