Youthanasia review by Megadeth

• Released: Oct 24, 1994
Megadeth: Youthanasia

I have always liked Megadeth, and when I got this album, I was surprised to hear the amount of work that went into it. Everything is really fine tuned, and perfected. This is a 1994 album, following up the success of Countdown To Extinction. Mainly a metal album: the first track is more speed metal, but other than that it's hard to say; it sounds a lot different than other albums.

The lyrics were good. I marvel every time I hear "A Tout Le Monde," as it seems like so much thought went into it. Addicted to Chaos is a unique, deep song as well. Dave Mustaine's singing is an aquired taste, so if you haven't heard him sing, I recommend checking it out before-hand.

It's a very different album: it doesn't have the raw quality of albums like: Killing Is My Business... and So Far, So Good, So What? I prefer this sound, it shows the more "artistic" (if you will) side of Megadeth. My favourite songs are the first 8, as well as the last track. They seem to stand out the most. I love the guitar's sound, as well as the use of harmonies. The last few tracks (minus Victory) sound a bit similar, and don't have the feel like the first ones. If it were stolen, I probably wouldn't but it again for a long time, seeing as it's all saved to my computer, but it would also be nice to hear the remastered version, as I have the original.

steve_a7x
    Best Megadeth album every! along with peace sells and rust in peace. Megadeth are a much better band than Metallica. this album is up there in my top 5 albums of all time!
    CiReMaN
    I personally prefer the sound on the original release (1994) than the remastered (2004) , especially the drum! Same thing for Countdown To Extinction!
    Silas S Thompso
    I think that all there albums are good. Just different because in the eighties and early nineties Dave wanted to be faster than metallica. He was so then he went to Cryptic writings trying to get a number 1 which was Trust proving he got where the black album was. Now he's back to his speed origins with U.A. Best album without Marty ever.
    Metal Head 101
    Megadeth hasn't been the quite same without the boys from youthanasia and its too bad the arent still playing cause i loved listening to Marty mash out his solos but all in all an unbelievable album
    RideTheJack
    "The song 'A Tout Le Monde' is a great example of this, the song is about suicide" you dick its not about suicide! its about saying goodbye to loved ones! MTV thought it was about suicide too which is why they banned the video.
    thechum
    Love this album. Reckoning is by far the most under rated megadeth song. I cant help but to headbang everytime I hear it