Genocide review by Melankolia

This cd sounded very good because the guitarist uses lots of different effects I thought it was en excellent cd. Melankolia are very much a punk-rock band, but on this cd there was alot of metal and punk in their songs. Unlike a general modern band the do not use many power-chords but they use alot of bar chords and in the solos they use wah-wah, phaser, distortion and wah-wah pedals.

The lyrics are very anti-goverment and suicidal but the lyrics are actually pretty clever. The singer matches the band quite well and some of the songs are quite long this singer sounds a bit like Dexter Holland but his lyrics are more like slow Zack De La Rocha because its not hip-hop some of the lyrics contain suggestions of drugs in them.

This albums as good as all of my other albums I even listen to it as much as all my other favourite bands. The most impressive songs are "Just Another Victim" and "March Of The Anarchists" have the best guitar solos. I do not like the way the drummer plays - its like he does not match with the band sometimes but thats the only bad thing the rest is good if i lost this album i would definately buy it again. Its excellent album. So I would listen to them, they're great!