Genocide Review

artist: Melankolia date: 05/06/2004 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Melankolia are very much a punk-rock band, but on this cd there was a lot of metal and punk in their songs.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Genocide Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 06, 2004

Sound: This cd sounded very good because the guitarist uses lots of different effects I thought it was en excellent cd. Melankolia are very much a punk-rock band, but on this cd there was alot of metal and punk in their songs. Unlike a general modern band the do not use many power-chords but they use alot of bar chords and in the solos they use wah-wah, phaser, distortion and wah-wah pedals. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are very anti-goverment and suicidal but the lyrics are actually pretty clever. The singer matches the band quite well and some of the songs are quite long this singer sounds a bit like Dexter Holland but his lyrics are more like slow Zack De La Rocha because its not hip-hop some of the lyrics contain suggestions of drugs in them. // 8

Overall Impression: This albums as good as all of my other albums I even listen to it as much as all my other favourite bands. The most impressive songs are "Just Another Victim" and "March Of The Anarchists" have the best guitar solos. I do not like the way the drummer plays - its like he does not match with the band sometimes but thats the only bad thing the rest is good if i lost this album i would definately buy it again. Its excellent album. So I would listen to them, they're great! // 8

Comments