Real A Lie Review

Melissa Auf der Maur: Real A Lie
Released: Jun 15, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock
Real A Lie is the second single to be released from her first class, self-titled debut album "Auf der Maur".
 8.4
 6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Real A Lie Reviewed by: tardis, on november 26, 2004

Sound: I have not quite yet made up my mind about the genre of this music, I suppose I could use the word "exotic", along with the word "strange." Her voice has begin somewhat more stronger than the first album, it's just similar to the first how her voice is hidden behind guitar riffs and bass lines. Her voice can be described as weak, interesting but I'm afraid weak. // 6

Lyrics: These lyrics are lyrics to be proud off, for example "I'm gunna shuffle his deck clean," oh well I like it. Singer-skill wise I turn my head, it just isnt that strong. The lyrics and music are perfect but if she could only sing like courtney love. // 8

Overall Impression: I am afraid to say I wouldn't buy this album again, if I lost it or it was stolen, she was better in hole playing bass and back vocals, solo I'm not too sure, its her voice, sometimes it works but other times its just plain dissapointing. For those who like pop/rock go ahead, nothing punky in this album if you ask me and due to her voice very little rock. // 6

Comments