A Senile Animal review by Melvins

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Melvins: A Senile Animal

Melvins latest 2006 release A Senile Animal is very reminiscent of their 1994 album Houdini. With King Buzzo's driving vocals, and Dale Crover's signature drumming style it seems like this band will never quit. Also on this new album, is their new drummer Coady Willis. Along with Dale Crover, Coady adds new depth to the drum parts as well as adding another voice to the group. This allows for many intricate harmonies on this album.

King Buzzo's vocals are always great to hear on any Melvins album, but as with any other Melvins album the lyrics are hard to follow. It is difficult to find any concept within the album, but with this band listeners barely ever know. However, some people like the lyrics because they are hard to follow. These fans like to make their own guesses about what King Buzzo's lyrics mean.

I think the Melvins album is a pretty usual Melvins album. Although that in itself is what makes it a great album. The three most successful tracks on this album are probably "Civilized Worm", "A History Of Drunks", and "A History Of Bad Men". This album is is worth buying if you are a fan of punk, metal, or grunge.

cheugonjr
    i think this album is a great melvins album. If u love deep driving distortion and pounding drums its a must
    Suav Nitebeest
    I'd think this album would be an 8 at least, probably because as a drummer myself I can appreciate the excellent usage of an extra drummer in this album.