This War Will Last Forever review by Mendeed

• Released: Feb 6, 2006
Mendeed: This War Will Last Forever

There is only one way too describe Mendeed's sound and that is metal as fuck. I got this album beacuase I heard them live supporting Trivium and they were amazing. From Dumbarton Scotland they make me proud as a Scotsman and a metal fan to say they are one of the best metal bands out there. The guitars (guitars by Steven Nixon and Steph Gildea) on this album are fresh and the riffs are original, the drummer's (Kevin W Matthews) beats are just of the highest quality. Singer/growler/screamer David Proctor has a mix between Dani Filth and Phil Anselmo which make a great result. Mendeed have all the thrash riffs the black metal vocals pinched harmonics and frantic pace which = awesomeness. The production is not of the highest quality but is still decent.

The lyrics are deep full of words I don't even know the meaning of lol. David Proctor's skills range from average singing to top quality growling. The lyrics flow well with the guitars all the way through the album.

I would'nt say there is any other band that I've heard of that sound like Mendeed they have did something very different with metal and still kept it technical and brutal. 01. All That We Have Become (intro) - cool slow intro with bagpipes. 02. Beneath A Burning Sky - the defination of thrash metal really fast drums and guitar one of my favourite songs on the album. 03. Stand As One And Fight For Glory - awesome bouble bass pedal intro a complete metal song with cool riffs and impressive dual. 04. Remains Of The Day - starts of with a gospel choir lol but only lasts 4 seconds not one of my favourites but a still a good song. 05. Chapel Perilous - frantic intro quite a short song I think thats because of the pace but a still some awesome guitar skills. 06. The Mourning Aftermath - slow start but then bursts into a frantic song awesome and technical riffage one of my favourites. 07. Poisoned Hearts - cool drum intro its short sounds like a lot of the other songs on the album but the drums are great there is a really cool fast bit in it. 08. Withered And Torn - I love the intro too this song some great musicianship on this track. 09. Resurrecting Hope - sounds a lot like the rest of the album nothing much else to say. 10. For Blasphemy We Bleed - epic song with guest vocals from a dude from Kerrang! Dom Lawson meaningful lyrics good song. 11. The Reaper Waits - my favourite song on the album a bit too short but a great suprisingly catchy chorus love it. 12. The Black Death - stange intro bursts into a fast pace verse a melodic part I'm not a big fan of this song but it's ok. If it was stolen I would go crazy and then buy a new one if it were lost then I would search high and low for it. All in all this a good album and I see good things in the furure for Mendeed good luck to them. I urge any self respecting metal fan to purchase this album you will be surprised.

Kaney
    nice review. Mendeed are awesome they really work hard and are a great prospect for the future.
    BLackR0se666
    mendeed are awesome i have seen them 3 times now live met all of the band, such nice guys. Would be nice to have some tabs