This War Will Last Forever review by Mendeed

• Released: Feb 6, 2006
Mendeed: This War Will Last Forever

This new British band brings an incredible, fresh new sound to classic metal. They use huge riffs and intricate solos to create a sound unlike any other. I think a lot of work has gone into making this album. The recording itself is fairly good and the sound quality is great. An overall amzing album, each song is very different, there is not a single bad song on the CD.

The lyrics are a bit strange because they are mostly about wars and battles so it is difficult to relate to them. The vocals are amazing, with singer dave proctor screaming throughout most of the song. he has a very raw, individual voice, but there are also slower, quieter parts to the songs, with singing. The lyrics go very well with the music, to create a bigger sound, they fit perfectly.

Overall, it is a fantastic cd and I hope that mendeed go on to produce many more. My favorite track is definitely 'The Reaper Waits' because it was the first song I heard by mendeed and it's really catchy and there is some amazing guitaring. I also really like 'Beneath A Burning Sky' and 'The Black Death' and 'Remains Of The Day'. The intro track is a bit slow and boring, but does build up, and add to the atmosphere, so it does fit. I would definitely buy any other mendeed CDs.

RikRR
    The bassist handles the clean vocals, i've seen them 3 times and they haven't disapointed me once. Both cd's of thiers i have are excellent.