This War Will Last Forever review by Mendeed

• Released: Feb 6, 2006
Mendeed: This War Will Last Forever

Mendeed have a unique sound. Never before had I heard such an amazing metal band. Their music is so brutal. The dual guitars are iron maiden style awesomeness, the drumming is absolutely amazing, when I saw mendeed live I didnt think he would actually be able to do them insanely fast blast beats and that incredible double bass patterns but he did them perfect. The vocals are really cool, sorta like Dani Filth but much better and with an old school metal edge. and the bassist does a good job with the vocals too, the harmonies and chorus's.

I love mendeeds lyrics. Based around war and curruption it really makes the songs what they are. One of my fav lyrics is at the start of track 4 'Remains Of The Day', "Leeching on lifes crying vein, sucking out the passion and the dream" and the end of 'The Black Death', "Our love will bloom forever, our time will be forever, etc."

Best album I had heard in many years! Can't wait to see them again. If you into metal and you haven't got this album be very ashamed and burn yourself then buy it as soon as possible.

mesaboogieman
    i just reviewed their newest album "the dead live by love", all of their work is amazing.