Melissa review by Mercyful Fate

• Released: Oct 30, 1983
Mercyful Fate: Melissa

The bands official first studio album, and also one of the best. Their blues based heavy metal is the coolest genre I can think of. Although the production of the album isn't that good, this album containes the best riffs in the carreer of Mercyful Fate. Just think of the classic tracks like The Curse Of The Pharaos and Into The Coven.

The lyrics are al about satan and witchcraft and those sorts of subjects (listen to satans fall for instance). the lead singer, King Diamond, has some really cool voises on this album. High and low vocals make the record very cool!

The other albums of Mercyful Fate are very good, but this one realy is the best one. On this album the reay classic tracks are there, that's what's missing a littel bit on the others. The best song is without a doubt Curse Of The Pharaos. Just listen too the intro! You gotta love the voice though, love it or hate it! I already have two copies of this album so if it were lost I wouldnt have to buy another 1 but I would if I only had 1.