Alive [DVD] Review

8.8
 8.7
review (1) 24 comments vote for this album:
Alive [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 09, 2010

Sound: Meshuggah. I'm not really sure how to describe them. They're a progressive/metal/experimental band. The anticipation leading up to the DVD was pretty big, and it seems to deliver at pretty much every level. The band itself is extremely humble, even with their incredible amounts of talent they have. Their innovation shines through in the dvd, although some fans that are not die hard may find it to sound somewhat repetitive because of the ways the write their songs. However, if you are a huge Meshuggah fan, this will not disappoint you at all. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I find this to be a great live DVD, and it is a must buy if you are a Meshuggah fan. I really appreciate the sound quality of the DVD a lot, with all the instruments sounding very clear in the mix. I'd also suggest that someone that wants to listen to some very unique, but still extremely heavy metal should buy this. The most impressive thing about this DVD is that they play nearly every single song perfectly, which seems nearly impossible, specially because of the complexity of the band's compositions and polyrhythmic insanity in their songs. I love just about everything about this DVD, minus the lack of personal close-ups at certain times in the live set. The bonus interviews and making of "Bleed" is a nice addition to the already incredible live set. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy it again. It's a great DVD and definitely worth the money. It will probably be one of the best band DVD released this year. It's almost a perfect DVD. // 9

Comments