Destroy Erase Improve review by Meshuggah

• Released: Jul 25, 1995
Meshuggah: Destroy Erase Improve

This is one of the defining albums in metal. Meshuggah has been known for being tight as a group, and it is best shown on this release. The guitars play everything from mathmatical rhythms (ex. "Future Breed Machine" and "Transfiction", to shimmering arpegiated chords with a nice solo "Acrid Placidity"). Drums are very technical as well, and Tomas Haake never missed a beat. Everything seems to fit togeather very well.

The lyrics on this album seem to have to do with the downfall of society in general. Singer Jens Kidman has a very powerful scream. Also, the rhythm of the lyrics are never off, and always fit where the song is going.

For someone who is a huge Metal fan, purchasing this cd would be a great value. Also, it is a good way for those who havent heard Meshuggah to get and idea of what they are about. Every one of these songs is different and complex, my favorites being "Soul Burn," "The Mouth Licking What You've Bled" and "Acrid Placidity". This is overall an excellent album.

unhuman elastic
    first of all, "The Mouth Licking What You've Bled" is on chaosphere and second, acrid placidty is by fvar the worst song on the album. The album is one of the greatest of all time
    wareuph
    This is my favorite album of all time. I bought my 7-string because of it ... probably the most innovative metal album ever ... without being pretentious! Oh, and did I mention that its one of the heaviest albums EVER?
    hippie_punk
    Probably one of my top metal albums of all time, "Suffer In Truth" was the first song i played when i got my new 7-string.