Photographs review by Mest

• Released: Oct 18, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Mest: Photographs

I've been a fan of Mest since around 1998. I was in love with Goldfinger at the time, and found out they were good friends with this band called Mest. Bought their CD's "Wasting Time" and "Destination: Unknown" over a period of time, after some downloading. I personally loved these CD's because they were catchy and I could relate to some of them. Then their self titled album "Mest" came out and I sensed maturity. They were moving and creating somewhat different, and "better" songs. I was very anxious to buy Photographs. And when I did, I fell in love with the first song. I was amazed by it. Unfortunately, as the songs continued I sensed disappointment. I read on Mest's official site how they were growing up and changing the way they wrote things. And they did. Although they did try and make it more mature and dark, it wasn't good. It was cliche, and open ended lyrics. I only like 2 of the songs on this album.

Lyrics disappointed me alot. Lyrics are usually the first thing I look for in a band, and everything in these songs were just cliche. I love girl, and I'm sad or I hate my life. I wish I was dead. I've always loved Tony's voice. I can't even think of the other singers name. I suck so much. And I'm tired. But his voice in this album just disappointed me. It actually seemed mono-tone to me.

Take me away (cried out to heaven) is the best song on this album. Compared to the past 3 albums I've owned, this is the worst of them. A plus though, is a free DVD came with it. It's kind of disgusting, but it was free. So hey. Although they are a great band, and they perform incredibly well live. They are extremely nice to fans also. Hanging out, and even signing autographs when they're throwing up.