The Dark review by Metal Church

• Released: Jan 1, 1986
Metal Church: The Dark

This album is the follow-up to the self titled Metal Church but this one is way better. I like the intro riff to the song Psycho which is one of my favorite songs by Metal Church. Another great song on this album is Ton Of Bricks with the cool drum part. This album also has my all time favorite song by Metal Church which is Badlands. Every other song on this album is great to.

I find the lyrics very interesting. I especially find them interesting in the song Badlands because to me it's about a guy who is stuck in a place where he can't get out but he wants to go to Heaven. The lyrics also fit the music perfectly especially in the song Battalions. I am also a big fan of the vocalist's vocals.

This is by far one of my favorite thrash metal albums. This is also my favorite Metal Church album. Metal Church is just as good as Testament, Overkill, Metallica, Megadeth or any other good thrash metal band. I dont hate anything about this album. I hope that I never lost this album because this album is well worth buying.

sexybeast101
    haha badlands is on "blessing in disguise",and battalions is on "metal church"! this is one of my favorite cds.buy it.
    deejmic
    Dude, if you're gonna review an album, make sure you have the songlist correct. I will agree that this is a pretty decent effort by one of the most underated bands from that time period. Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years now. They were exceptional for their time.
    DimeTime713
    Most underrated band of all time. Blessing in Disguise and the Dark are definitely up there in my top 10 albums of all time.
    sevenchurches13
    Badlands was on the next record Blessing in Disguise which btw isnt nearly as good as this gem. Ive read some other of this fellows reviews and am beginning to think he doesnt know what he's talking about.
    MetalDiablo666
    I love Metal Church and this album is a classic. However, "Badlands" is on Blessing in Disguise not The Dark.