...And Justice For All review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 25, 1988
  • Users' score: 9 (1,750 votes)
Metallica: ...And Justice For All

On ...And justice for all, Kirk Hammett really shows what it is to be a great inspirational guitarist. His solos on this album are near perfect, and James rythm guitar and smooth voice just sum up what it is to be truly awesome at what you do. Lars Ulrich always seems to come up with a beat that takes a second to catch, but once you do it touches you. All the power of their muscial talent seems to have just peaked on this album. I don't believe they could have played it better, especially in the acoustic part of "To live is to die". You just know that they poured their heart and soul into the writing of not only that song but every other song on the album as well.

There isn't really much else anyone can say accept that James Hetfield writes some of the best lyrics ever to be put into a song. The words just feel like they should go with that particular music. I don't know how to express how perfect the mans skillz at writing songs are. He has a style his own, and that's all their is to it.

I feel this is quite possibly the best album I have ever put into a cd player. I was first hooked on the black album a few years ago just like everybody else, but now I've found the goods. I got the cd about 4 or 5 months ago and still listen to it like I bought it yesterday. I love the good flow of music and the drawn out songs that you can listen to and dwell on, and when it's over you realize you were listening to Metallica, not sitting in heaven. I really can't complain about this album. Their are no true drawbacks, and if I lost it or it were stolen I'd buy it again and probably buy a copy for a friend while I was at it.