...And Justice For All review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 25, 1988
  • Users' score: 9 (1,750 votes)
Metallica: ...And Justice For All

First off, this IS Metallica's best CD. People say it's Master Of Puppets, but why has Justice sold 7 million copies and Master only 3 million. This CD is very heavy yet it won't hurt your ears. The rhyhthm is complex (complex enough to be complex). If you play guitar, try playin' it. I don't just mean "One" I mean the entire CD. It'll give you a run for your money. James is just spectacular in this CD. It's his best vocal preformance and rythm playin ever. Kirk's solos are flawless. Lars's drumming is the definition of metal drumming. But Jason, he was neglected since he joined Metallica. I can hear the bass sometimes. I bring up the point that in all Metallica CD's the bass is really hard to hear (yea even with Cliff). I can hear it when I listen hard enough. Not to talk bad of Jason, the CD dosen't even need bass. I love "Harvest Of Sarrow", "...And Justice For All," "One," "Frayed Ends Of Sanity" and "To Live Is To Die."

The lyrics are so profound. They are so deep and heartfelt. They are some of the most powerful lyrics I ever heard/read. It fits right in with the music. James's singing couldn't be better. It is the definiton of good heavy metal singing. My good man it's crazy.

In to words "holy s--t!" The day I bought it I started listening to it at 2pm. When I finally turned it off it was almost 8. I still listen to it alot. I can't get enough. The only thing better than hearing the CD is hearing the songs live. This might be one of the best CD's I ever heard in my life.