...And Justice For All review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 25, 1988
  • Users' score: 9 (1,750 votes)
Metallica: ...And Justice For All

First off, Metallica is the best band in the history of metal. The sound on this album is fuckin crazy. This was the first Metallica album that I bought and its by far my favorite. James' rhythm is so unique on this album. He incorporates in his unique classical style on songs like "One" and "To Live Is To Die." He plays so fast and with such complexity that it's hard to believe that it is rhythm guitar instead of lead. Kirk's solos are so complex and fast it hurts my fingers when I attempt to play them on guitar. You can't hear the bass, so what. Newsted couldn't live up to Cliff Burton anyway. I think that Lars' drumming is absolutely unreal. The rhythm he has is unsurpassed by any drummer. Just listen to the drumming on "One," great work by the best band ever.

I think that this albums lyrics are the deepest of all the albums. James really came into his own writing the lyrics on Justice. Plus adding in Cliff's little poem on "To Live Is To Die" was genious. James' voice is the best in metal and he proves this on Justice. He dosen't sound like a 15 year old like on Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning. The lyrics are more complex and deep than Master, and the gravel in his voice mixed perfectly with the raw crunch of the rhythm. Execellent.

I love this album. It's my favorite album of all time. By any band. The only album that is even in its league when it comes to speed is Reign In Blood by Slayer. Slayer's solos and lyrics suck though and James sings better than Tom Araya on his best day. Master Of Puppets is close but the lyrics kill the chance that it had to be the best of their career. The most impressive song is "One." It's deep and has excellent rhythm and one of the top 5 guitar solos in the history of rock. Maybe Mr. Crowley can come close to "One." That's a tight race for the best. RIP Randy Rhoads. I love the solos the best and the rhythm guitar is the best on any album ever. It's so fast and complex, it's just sad. Blackened is my favorite song on the album, because of the speed and my band covers it as our opener at our gigs. The message of that song is impressive. I have bought ...And Justice For All, 4 times. I wear it out every time that I have it. Best metal album ever.