...And Justice For All review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 25, 1988
  • Users' score: 9 (1,754 votes)
Metallica: ...And Justice For All

The sound is the best I have heard from Metallica! They have a ton of palm mutings and fast riffs that give you a taste of what they were before black. These guys are genious. 01. Blackened - this has a fast quick riff with a ton of hammer ons. In the verse there is some palm mutings that give ht esong a good overall sound. 02. ...And Justice For All - there is a cool beginning where there is a acoustc part and then theres some distorted parts that give it a good sound. I really like this one riff that is after the whole justice is lost part of the song. 03. Eye Of The Beholder - there is a ton of palm mutings throughout the whole song! the biginning gives the whole song away. I love the verse riff and the whole song. 04. One - where do I start, the biggining has a ton of war sounds. The soft intro is what moves me. The the riff after it is something different. The ending has a ton of palm mutings and a wicked solo. One of my favorite songs. The verse part is very melodic. 05. The Shortest Straw - the verse and chorus have very nice riffs, palm mutings and hammers ons in one riff. 06. Harvester Of Sorrow - the riff has a ton of pauses and is very slow, it is a very dark sound. Alot darker than Sad But True. 07. The Frayed Ends Of Sanity - sounds like Blackened, the riff is very fast and with a ton of hammer ons. 08. To Live Is To Die - a tribute to Cliff, an almost whole musical except for a little saying. The acoustic parts are genious, especially the one in the middle. The distorted parts have palm mutes arranged with fast arts that make the song sound wonderful. 09. Dyers Eve - this song has mixed very fast drums with slower guitar work it sounds great though.

Everyone knows James Hetfield. He is the best at writing dark deep songs about life. In this one he has One, a song about life after war. Dyers Eve, abut how his parents screwed his life up. And Justice For All, justice getting lost because of our goverment I think. To Iive Is To Die, Something Cliff wrote about how man hurts the world. Do I really need to go on, he is genious.

The best album of Metallica! I compare it to Master Of Puppets, I think there pretty even excpet I like the lyircs better and the guitar works has a ton of little pieces that no other band will ever find. I love the sound!