...And Justice For All review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 25, 1988
  • Users' score: 9 (1,753 votes)
Metallica: ...And Justice For All

By far Metallica's greatest album. It consists of insanely heavy songs like "Dyer's Eve" and "Blackened", along with amazing songs with both clean playing, and heavy metal chords, like "One". I've been playing guitar for about 1.5 to 2 years, and of all the songs I play, I play the ones of this album the most. The soloing is perfection, the riffing is amazing, everything about this album is perfect.

I find the lyrics on this album very creative. James Hetfield is an amazing lyricist, along with one of the best rhythm guitarists of all time. I can identify with alot of the lyrics on this CD, and that's another reason this is my favorite album. I personally find the lyrics to "Eye Of The Beholder" very creative.

It's an amazing album. I find it the best of Metallica, along with their self titled album, "Metallica", "Master Of Puppets", "Ride The Lightning", and "Kill 'Em All". The most impressive songs, I'd say are "Dyer's Eve", and "Frayed Ends Of Sanity". They both have amazing guitar solos, by Kirk Hammett, who is an AMAZING guitarist.

USCENDONE BENE
    Who the hell gives this album a perfect 10 for the 'Sound' category? Shame on all of you. Phenomenal album otherwise.
    I got the boot
    iup788 wrote: Modernmusich8er wrote: The best Metallica album is easily Kill Em All No. Kill Em All is the 5th best. The order is this - 1. Master of Puppets 2. ...And Justice for All 3. Ride the Lightning 4. The Black Album 5. Kill Em All 6. Death Magnetic 7.Load 8. ReLoad 9. St. Anger
    No way this album beats master of puppets easily!
    C.O.B.
    it's a very contraversal think. Mabye someone could convice That Metal Show on VH1C to do a list of the top five greatest Metallica albums. Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All should be on that list for sure.
    Realityburn
    I have to strongly disagree with one of the reviewers saying that he felt making the bass guitar inaudible was a fitting tribute to Cliff. No, that was an unintended insult to Cliff. Do you really think he would have wanted the the bass guitar on a Metallica album to sound like crap as a "tribute" to him? Doubtful. I don't think James, Kirk, and Lars meant to dis their former bass player, but releasing an album on which the bass guitar is totally inaudible was actually kind of insulting to the memory of a man that was an important part of the band. So what if it wasn't Cliff playing it? He would have wanted the instrument he played to be heard on the album if he'd had any say in it.
    MaggaraMarine
    The best songs on this album are Blackened and Dyer's Eve. Otherwise the album is weaker than their earlier three albums. The songs have pretty good riffs and solos but the other albums are just musically better. I remember when I used to like this album but now I just don't like it that much any more. And "To Live Is To Die" is IMO one of the worst Metallica songs. It lacks the flow. It's a riff-after-riff song and the different parts played one after another sound out of place. Don't get me wrong, I like the parts in that song but they just don't fit together that well. The acoustic intro is cool and the slow part in the middle is also great. But it's the lack of flow why I don't like this song that much. And the heavy riff is repeated a bit too many times. I'm not sure if people like that song just because it was tribute to Cliff.