A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica [DVD] Review

artist: Metallica date: 12/03/2004 category: compact discs
Metallica: A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica [DVD]
Release Date: Nov 17, 1992
"A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica" is a two-part documentary about the process of making the Metallica album (or "The Black Album"), and the following tour.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 8.5
 9.4
 9.3
 9.5
A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica [DVD] Reviewed by: sam_brault, on march 17, 2009

Sound: This DVD is more of a peek at what Metallica was up to during their 'Black Album' days. This record was their first with producer Bob Rock, and it also led them to a new sound, along with a whole bunch of frustration, as seen in the film. Being a big Metallica fan, I found it interesting to see all that the band had gone through to make this amazing album, which ended up as probably their best album to date. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, it the better band-DVDs that I have ever seen, and the only one that follows the band so closely and personally. The band also jokes around throughout the film, which made it very entertaining, in my opinion, and it wasn't just following the process of making the CD. I love everything about this DVD, except for some aspects of the overall production of it. If I were to lose this DVD, I would definitely go out and buy a new one. // 9

A Year And A Half In The Life Of Metallica [DVD] Reviewed by: narmi, on december 03, 2004

Sound: Originally this was released on video. I had to buy this on Region from USA but that was a while ago so you can probably find it in Europe now. The sound is what we have come to expect from the mighty Metallica perfect. I have to say I have seen all of Metallica's DVDs and this is probably my favourite. The DVD is basically the making of the Black Album (part 1) and The Black Album Tour (part 2) All the sound is terrific especially the sound for the live shows. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD, if you haven't realised by now rocks hard. It is one of the best music DVDs ever released. I love it. Originally 2 videos, squeezed onto DVD with fantastic features and content. This is not a live performance, it is more band related as in finding out what made the Metallica machine tick, with pletny of live footage of course but not a full live gig like Cunning Stunts or Live Shit. It clocks in at around 4 hours and it is worth every penny. Buy it or forever be doomed in the litte hole you live in. // 10

Comments