Cliff 'Em All [DVD] review by Metallica

• Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 3
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Metallica: Cliff 'Em All [DVD]

OK, so the sound quality is not good. But only an idiot would expect a DVD full of 20 year old bootlegs to have good sound. What you hear however, is great. Metallica when they were young and unrefined. If your not much of a fan of early metallica and thrash metal in general, don't get this, get Cunning Stunts or S&M (also great DVD's). The quality of the recording is bad, but the band is awesome.

Content — 7
There really arn't any special features here, and yes it would have been nice if there were some. The Seek and Destroy chapter is odd. The footage of Metallica in slimely old clubs is great, James throwing the record to be rippped apart by fans. If you want to see Cliff, this is a great DVD. If you want to see good editing between band members and choose your own camera angles you won't get them here. IF you are a casual fan this probably isn't for you. But if you are a hardcore fan, and like me Was only a toddler when Cliff died and want to see how Metallica started, this is for you.

Production Quality — 3
Again, terrible. As to be expected with Bootlegs. Gives a certain charm though, like an old LP covered in scraches.

8 is a little higher than the sum of the sections. But I feel justified in doing this. If what I have described above is what you want and are expecting, this is great. Live on Cliff in our memories and in this DVD which will help bring Cliff to Metallica fans that arn't even born today.