Creeping Death review by Metallica

• Released: Oct 17, 1990
Metallica: Creeping Death

This is basically the first taste that Europe got of the might that was to come. This was the EP that Europe recieved as Metallica's debut, featuring Creeping Death, the Diamond Head song Am I Evil and Blitzkerg from the NWOBHM band with the same name. This has an insane metalic blast, a mix of thrash and heavy metal that then was unheard of in Europe.

Only 1 of the lyrics on this are thiers, but it is the lyrical genius that is "Creeping Death," a fast paced, and angry. Diamond Head and Blitzkerg are 2 of Metallica's greatest influences lyrically and "Am I Evil" in particular shows what James Hetfeild is inspired by. More songs, for example another song from the album, like "Trapped Under Ice," would have made it better.

01. Creeping Death - Metallica's huge thrash masterpeice from the "Ride The Lightning" album. Fast, technically astonishing and awesome in every way imaginable. Cliff Burton gets a good work out. The solo by Kirk Hammet is particulary impressive. 02. Am I Evil - a blistering cover of the Diamond Head classic. One of the great moments of tapping and a stunning display of rhythm playing from young Hetfeild and Hammet. 03. Bltizkerg - the Hetfeild show, a mix of stunning rhythm playing and that stunning riff. This a short burst of mental, unrelenting speed metal. Overall, this is a good introduction to Metallica with their own songs and 2 good covers. Maybe this EP could have had an extra song from the album.

ninja3
    I have this on vinyl....with the three songs, released by vertigo records in 84'....I was three years old when this came out, so I feel lucky to have a mint copy of this....This single is my favorite metallica artwork, out of all there albums...looks great on my wall.
    ninja3
    Oh and this album is the garage days revisited....which came before re-revisted than turned into garage inc.