Creeping Death [Single] Review

Metallica: Creeping Death [Single]
Release Date: Oct 17, 1990
Genre: Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal
Label: Music For Nations
Along with "Creeping Death", this European release features Metallica's first attempts at covering their new wave of British heavy metal heroes.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.6
 9.9
 9.3
Creeping Death [Single] Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on november 08, 2005

Sound: Okay this is like a single tape thingy that Metallica had released. I can't realy tell you the year it was released in but it's between the years 1984 and 1986. The album only has three songs which are Creeping Death, Am I Evil? and Blitzkreig. I like Creeping Death alot especially at the introduction and even though the other two songs are covers I like Metallica's version of Am I Evil? just as much as the Diamond Head version. I never ever heard the original recorded version of Blitzkreig though. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to Creeping Death are great. It's about when the Egyptians had the Hebrews as slaves. Am I Evil? is about a guy who's mother is a witch and she gets burned and he is also evil to. Blitzkreig is a German word for thunder war or something similar to that. The song has to do with Armageddon or sumtim like that. Jame's Hetfield sings Am I Evil? just as good as Sean Harris would. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this album single thing is interesting. You can get this at the limited edition Metallica box set but I don't think that they are producing anymore. You can also just buy the Ride The Lightning album to get Creeping Death or you can buy the Garage Inc. album to get Am I Evil? and Blitzkreig. It's really hard to choose what the most impressive song is because theres only three songs on it. I don't hate anything about this. Another to get this is get it on some shooping website or something like that. // 10

Creeping Death [Single] Reviewed by: METSOAD, on april 17, 2006

Sound: This is basically the first taste that Europe got of the might that was to come. This was the EP that Europe recieved as Metallica's debut, featuring Creeping Death, the Diamond Head song Am I Evil and Blitzkerg from the NWOBHM band with the same name. This has an insane metalic blast, a mix of thrash and heavy metal that then was unheard of in Europe. // 10

Lyrics: Only 1 of the lyrics on this are thiers, but it is the lyrical genius that is "Creeping Death," a fast paced, and angry. Diamond Head and Blitzkerg are 2 of Metallica's greatest influences lyrically and "Am I Evil" in particular shows what James Hetfeild is inspired by. More songs, for example another song from the album, like "Trapped Under Ice," would have made it better. // 9

Overall Impression: 01. Creeping Death - Metallica's huge thrash masterpeice from the "Ride The Lightning" album. Fast, technically astonishing and awesome in every way imaginable. Cliff Burton gets a good work out. The solo by Kirk Hammet is particulary impressive. 02. Am I Evil - a blistering cover of the Diamond Head classic. One of the great moments of tapping and a stunning display of rhythm playing from young Hetfeild and Hammet. 03. Bltizkerg - the Hetfeild show, a mix of stunning rhythm playing and that stunning riff. This a short burst of mental, unrelenting speed metal. Overall, this is a good introduction to Metallica with their own songs and 2 good covers. Maybe this EP could have had an extra song from the album. // 10

Comments