Cunning Stunts [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Dec 8, 1998
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: Cunning Stunts [DVD]

Fan bloody tastic. The sound is absolutely flawless as all Metallica live shows are anyway. It is amazing. They play to perfection live and do not make any errors, the sound to the solos is superb and no mistakes are made. The singing as usual by James can not be put down, a legend that Mr Hetfield is.

Content — 10
It's a live show in Fort Worth Texas during the Load album tour and is quite splendid. The arena set up is very cool indeed as is the stage show. The stage falls apart during Enter Sandman and everything is destroyed leaving Metallica to close the show with a few old skool tracks and an old skool set up, amps lying everywhere and just them jamming in the middle, the stage show is a bit over the top for a metal band but is still very cool! There are plenty of extras, my fav being the pre show, and Kirks guitars.

01. So What
02. Creeping Death
03. Sad But True (Hetfield/Ulrich)
04. Ain't My Bitch (Hetfield/Ulrich)
05. Hero Of The Day (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett)
06. King Nothing (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett)
07. One (Hetfield/Ulrich)
08. Fuel (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett)
09. Bass/Guitar Doddle Nothing Else Matters (Hetfield/Ulrich)
10. Until It Sleeps (Hetfield/Ulrich)
11. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton)
12. Wherever I May Roam (Hetfield/Ulrich)
13. Fade To Black (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett)
14. Kill/Ride Medley (Hetfield/Ulrich Hammett)
15. Ride The Lightning (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Mustaine)
16. No Remorse (Hetfield/Ulrich)
17. Hit The Lights (Hetfield/Ulrich)
18. The Four Horsemen (Hetfield/Ulrich/Mustaine)
19. Seek & Destroy (Hetfield/Ulrich)
20. Fight Fire With Fire (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton)
21. Last Caress (Danzig)
22. Master Of Puppets (Hetfield/Ulrich/Burton/Hammett)
23. Enter Sandman (Hetfield/Ulrich/Hammett)
24. Am I Evil? (Harris/Tatler)
25. Motorbreath (Hetfield)

Production Quality — 10
Production is amazing, I watched a friends video of Cunning Stunt many times before I got a DVD player and bought it on DVD, the change was incredible, fantastic! The menus are pretty sweet too.

Fantastic, my favourite performance is probably it's so hard to choose! But the bass and guitar doodle is definatley a highlight, even though Kirk plays pretty simple stuff compared to Live Shit. I would definately buy it again, awesome.