Death Magnetic review by Metallica

• Released: Sep 12, 2008
  • Users' score: 8.6 (2,437 votes)
Metallica: Death Magnetic

The sound on the Death magnetic album was great, except for one simple fact, it had a crudy, grungy sound on it. But that problem was easily solved. All you had to do was make a burned copy of the disc and adjust the volume levels. Over all the sound was very good, Metallicas is over all one of the best sounding bands in my opnion.

Well Metallicas lyrics, all about death and sorrow, same as every album before, it's great! Something about metallicas lyrics always give their songs that finishing touch. Their lyrics never fail to go perfectly into the song. And we have to give a lot of credit to James Hetfield. it's got to be just about the hardest thing in the world singing and playing guitar at the same time. he's not only playing like your basic chords and singing either, this guys got same insane rhythms and beautiful bridges. he's playing stuff that some people can't even play on guitar even when their not singing along. Anybody who doesnt't belive this mans great is crazy.

My overall impression of Death Magnetic was great. Once again metallica has created an album that blew our minds away, this band never fails to deliver the best. My favorite two songs from the album were, All Nightmare Long and The Day That Never Comes. All nightmare long is one of the greater songs of metallica, although it seems that no one has ever heard of it, what a shame. All nightmare long gives you a heavy metal feel with the greatness of metallica in it. The Day That Never Comes is yet another great song from these guys. It also gives you that wow feeling just listening to it. It is a song that is up in the ranks, right next to One and Fade To Black. Overall Death Magnetic was another great album, hope to see more from you guys.

steve_a7x
    von tratt
    Metallica was WAY better back in the early days with Cliff. Although I'd like to see them live. This album is not they're best, it's OK
    extrememetal129
    steve_a7x wrote : 5/10, Not a great album. First 4 albums where the only good metallica albums, they are no Megadeth! Please don't compare both bands. Both great bands. Both have great albums and shitty albums. They both are not great when they move away from the classic thrash. I still think ..AJFA is the best metal album with Peace Sell in second or other way round. But both are 100000times better than crappy A7X for sure.