Death Magnetic review by Metallica

• Released: Sep 12, 2008
  • Users' score: 8.6 (2,437 votes)
Metallica: Death Magnetic

Metallica is back with their new album Death Magnetic. It has a great sound that brings them back to their... And justice for all days and mix it in with their black album phase. It met it's reputation and from the first minute all the way to the last, they prove once again, they are one of the greatest and influentual bands of all time. Starting with That Was Just Your Life, the band starts with a heartbeat and a short quiet riff which obviously leads to a much more fast paced all together masterpiece. outta 10 it gets a perfect 10. The End Of The Line, yet another amazing song that starts heavy, ends heavy, pure metallica, definantly worth the listen. Another perfect 10 outta 10. Broken, Beaten, Scarred, the first song on the album that didn't do a whole lot for me. It makes for a good song but nothing special. 7 outta 10. The Day That Never Comes, ok clearly it's a steal from One, but I like it. It has the same exact basis that One did. Slow opening, slower than usualverse/chorus, metal, solo/shred, end. It didn't do what One did such as how amazing it was but I'd buy the solo had I not bought the album. 9 outta 10 All Nightmare Long, Cool song, I like it can't say too much. 8 outta 10 Cyanide, Alotta people don't like this song because it sounds a lot like it came from load or reload, or to a lesser extent, St. Anger. I on the other hand think it has a great sound to it. 9 outta 10 The Unforgiven III, great opening with a great piano that makes it sound dark and it kept my intrest the whole way thru. 8.5 outta 10 The Judas Kiss/ Suicide & Redemption, I listened to them, but not enough to give a rating for. My Apocalypse, Fast Paced from beginning to end, possibly the best song on the album, and the shortest. 10 outta 10

Lyrics are sometimes cheesy but overall they bring enough to the table, very full of anger and agression and Hetfields voice always will be remembered as one of the greatest to enter metal and he is one of the godfathers of this kinda music so he will always bring what's need because he knows what that is.

Overall this album met the reputation it's getting, I think some of these songs could possibly get on the greatest hits if it ever comes out. Metallica was never my favorite band, metal was never my favorite genre, but the fact that I listened to them and loved it so easily that really says something about this album.

Keijo7
    If you don't compare it to the early days, it's a pretty good album. by the way, the genre is wrong