Death Magnetic review by Metallica

• Released: Sep 12, 2008
  • Users' score: 8.6 (2,437 votes)
Metallica: Death Magnetic

Metallica rules, and this album is no exeption. it also seems to be one of the best that the band has out, following the Master of puppets album. The overall sound is great, and the wall of it attacking you with such songs as "That was just your life" and "My Apocalypse" I'd flat out awesome. I reccomend this album to any person out there who likes especially this genre of music. Awesome. Simply plastic CD-ROM greatness.

The lyrics were generally pretty good. The lyrics sounded very good coupled with the music. What really is the best abot this is Hetfeild. His throat-busting singing has been some of the best in the Biz for a long time, and is not showing any signs of slowing down. The tone of his voice goes perfectly with the music, but it is not overpowering it. This is a good album for people who listen for music, however, and should not, in my opinion be listened to strictly for the lyrics. This goes for you Rocstar/ Nickleback lovers out there who claim to love metal. That song is crossing the line into the world of crap country.

This album was much heavier than a lot of Metallica albums, so that was unexpected. it has made a lasting impression on me as a Metallica fan. The most impressive songs, to me were "That was just your life" and "My Apocalypse". I love the hard hitting riffs that Hammet is ripping out of his guitar, and there is nothing at all to hate about this album. If the album was stolen or lost, I would go buy it again without a second thought, this CD rules.

\m/Torin\m/
    dark_falco3000 is right the eighties smoked the shitty times we live in, for music anyways. and metallica sucks now period.
    mkgdog1
    stage4saiyan
    People that think they should stay ONLY thrash = tools. If they want to evolve, let them evolve. Album of the Year, without a doubt. Metallica, welcome back.
    Metal maniac101
    I posted a review, and by the way, again,any nickleback lovers out there can kiss my a**, okay? that song is one of the crappiest ones I have ever heard. The only part that song would have scored abouve a 2 on is the lyrics section. a anyway, back to metallica. Those guys rule. who cares if it's fuzzy? some of the older albums are a bit fuzzy, and that's metallica. I don't believe that they have ever made an album that wasn't fuzz in any way *cough* distortion *cough* seriously, stopo complaining about the production. this album has been made just as well as any has ever been. [color=red]METALLICA RULES!!![/color]
    Metal maniac101
    mkgdog1 wrote: Agreed. I can hardly listen to their old stuff now. They turned into a bunch of pussy sell-outs. Its really too bad.....
    you shut up. you have no idea WHAT metal is. you suck, okay, go get a life. it won't take up more of your precious time apperently hating metALLICA. you suck, and never speak to me again
    stalefishtweak
    The thing about the pre black album era of metallica albums is that they are the kind of albums which you put in the cd player, press play and sit back with a beer in hand or a cup of tea whatever it may be(tea FTW)... dont stop it .. just listen till the end... once your done though it's like an enlightenment... you really feel like you've heard something different and feel the happier for it... Black albums onwards you can either listen to the whole thing at a go or just a few songs it doesn't really make a difference... not that its a worse or better album... My views on mettalica were changed by everyone on UG voicing out their comments I appreciate their old material more now... I wanna say thank you!!
    stalefishtweak
    DrShreddington wrote: like I posted in the other Death Magnetic topic, will you just shut up about the album and stop posting shit about it on the front page every waking moment? This entire album reeks of one fantastic word. mediocre, stop trying to make it seem like a godsend, its an 8.0 album, a regular, bland, beige, non interesting, non memorable experience. The only reason this album gets recognition is because its by Metallica, just shut up about it already, my god there were so many far superior metal albums in 2008 but apparently theyre not popular enough to make the front page. It sickens me to see UG has turned into a complete and utter popularity contest. absolutely dissapointed.
    can't help but feel the same way