Death Magnetic review by Metallica

• Released: Sep 12, 2008
  • Users' score: 8.6 (2,437 votes)
Metallica: Death Magnetic

When I heard this CD I was very pleased with the sound. Its much more like Metallica then the last album was. It is probably there heaviest album but it is one of their best in my opinion. It has a perfect combination of soft and heavy songs. Also, it has the next Unforgiven. The Unforgiven III might be my favorite of the Unforgivens although it is a tough call because they are all really good. Then this album has some of Metallica's heaviest songs including All Nightmare Long and Cyanide. Overall this album has really great sound with the exception of few songs.

The lyrics are good. The Day That Never Comes, has amazing lyrics though. I feel that this song is very influential. Then, there is the Unforgiven III. These two songs alone make the album worth it. Both have very good lyrics. The music fits perfect with the lyrics. The singer is James Hetfield. Enough said. But for those of you who haven't hear Metallica before, he is one of my favorite singers of all time.

I guess you can compare it to Slayer's World Painted Blood, and Megadeth's Endgame. Although I like all of these albums, Death Magnetic is my favorite of the new thrash albums. I am very impressed with The Day That Never Comes, The Unforgiven III, All Nightmare Long and Cyanide. I love these songs most about it. If I lost it I would definitely get it again. I listen to this album a lot. Metallica Rocks!

jorge-fg
    labolas wrote: i like st anger better than death magnetic
    Then you suck at taste of music...
    jorge-fg
    steve_a7x wrote: boring album! they are no megadeth!
    IF THEY ARE NO MEGADETH, GO LISTEN TO MEGADETH, ALL THE BANDS ARE NO MEGADETH SO GO LISTEN TO IT AND STOP TROLING!
    Galfadez
    Awesome album, but the production lets it down a bit. I still think Lars' drums sound shite The songs sound so much better live
    Rynmetalfan
    This album is a step in the right direction but it is in no way near their best. In fact the longer I own it the more I find myself picking it apart. I'm glad the solo's are back. And the longer song structure screams Metallica to me,but it still lacking what made albums like AJFA,MoP and RTL so great. Who knows the next one could blow my mind.
    MaggaraMarine
    MaggaraMarine
    MaggaraMarine wrote: This album is OK but it doesn't have that much good songs and it's way too long album. There are some good songs but then every song has to be like 8 minutes long. The length doesn't mean that song is good. And some songs have that wanna-be-prog feel. AJFA didn't have that feeling nor had MOP or other Metallica albums. The drum sound is just meh. And Hetfield's voice has lost its balls. Guitar sound is good. I was waiting for something better when this album was released.
    And when I said wanna-be-prog I meant that all the songs have so many riffs that it doesn't sound good. If they had kept only some of the riffs and thrown some songs away (so the album would have had like 8 songs instead of 10) the album would have been better. Justice didn't have 20 different guitar riffs in one song but it still has that prog feel. People you should listen to the album without thinking: "This is Metallica, Metallica is the best so this album is the best." And why do all the Metallica fans hate Megadeth? I like both. Their music is so different. I can't hear anything same between Metallica's and Megadeth's music.
    swave75
    Very good album. Not their best...not their worst. Very cool packaging.
    BigSmokeDawg
    I think DM is an alright album, but Kirk's solos are pretty dire and the production is terrible. Some really nice riffs in the songs though.